THE MANIC MAGPIE
Ten things you need to know about me:
- I’m 41 years old. I believe anyone who says 40 is the new 20 must be at least 60 years old.
- I am terribly indecisive. Except when it comes to pickles. I hate pickles.
- I say my favorite color is yellow; but I think it’s really Amaranth. Or Scarlet. Electric Crimson is nice, too. Okay, okay. Red.
- People think I wear heels to appear taller. Well, that, and flats are so not sexy. Plus I’m actually as flat-footed as a duck.
- Pronouncing the Sanskrit names for the ashtanga asanas (such as Triang Mukhaikapada Paschimottanasana) correctly may be the key to being good at yoga. I may never be good at yoga.
- I think my 8-year old daughter is beginning to suspect that I’m just winging it.
- Last year, I left my job, after 10 years of service, because a friend told me I shouldn’t live to work. He left out that I should work to live.
- I’ve given up shopping. Until my next credit card billing cycle anyway.
- I am hopelessly obsessive-compulsive. It takes me at least 3 hours to write anything less than a page long and it’s never just right. That includes this profile description. Which I might re-write completely. So come back tomorrow.
- My mom tells her friends that she has 2 daughters: one is smart and the other is beautiful. I insist I’m the beautiful one.
THE QUIET MAGPIE
I’m the weird one, the idealist and the one who will probably never get rich. My life is slog, slog, slog but I live in a cartoon world so all’s well. Like the Manic Magpie, I’m also the beautiful daughter.
I believe in Big Bangs, lightbulbs in the head, and unfolding miracles.
THE FORGETFUL MAGPIE